Monday, March 15, 2010

Welcome to my Insanity

Ware the Ides of March
...So wrote William Shakespeare in the play Julius Caesar. What does it mean though? For most of the educated society in this world, it means simply to beware. In Julius' Caesars time, it meant to beware the 15th of March, famously the day where he was stabbed in the back by his good friend Brutus, a man he trusted fully. Strange, isn't it?

So why the hell did I pick this name for my blog, do I have a complex where I believe everyone who I trust and love is out to stab me in the back? Only on my dark paranoia induced days. Normally, I'm actually a fairly content person, who trusts his friends absolutely, and is only prone to self pity occasionally. But that's not the issue here. The issue is that I'm writing a blog. It's a completely narcissistic past-time that has become all too prevalent in our society. Any idiot with a PC can write a blog, and almost every one of them pretends its because they feel they have a 'duty' to share their views with society at large, and to educate the masses.

Bottom line people: they're doing it to make money. Every single one of them. From the left wing marxists, who preach about damning the man, to the right wing crazies who want nothing more than a way to sell your eyeballs and sheeplike tendencies into a profit. None of them bother to tell you thats what they're doing though.

So I make a promise to you, now, in my inaugural post introducing this blog. I will not lie to you. Why am I blogging? Because I like to vent using words, pretending that my opinion is more valid than yours, and because I hope to make some meagre amount of money off of this. I also hope (KEY WORD HOPE) to entertain you.

So what will this blog be about? Everything. If I find it interesting, if I find it cool, if I even find it remotely funny, and I deign to remember it the next time I post on this blog, I'll post it. Will you read it? I hope so, but if you don't... well, you don't, and fuck you for not reading it. LOL.

That's it, thats me out, this is the first of, I hope, many visits.

1 comment:

  1. how exactly are you planning on making money from this?!

    ReplyDelete