Tuesday, March 30, 2010

If you celebrate Passover on an Overpass...

You'll go back in time.  It's funny right?  Thank you to Conan O'brien for inspiring today's blog title, because I had absolutely no idea what to call it.  So there's been a lot going on in the recent week that has me abuzz, has me wanting to scream my name to the heavens while wearing a raincoat and deck shoes.  What is it that has me clenching my fist at the sky, challenging the sun in this manner?  Boredom.  That's right, sheer, fantastic, soul-crushing boredom.  It's a time of renewal in the world, spring flowers popping up, seasons changing, and what the hell is going on in my life?  Nothing.




I visited my friend the Littlest Terrorist the other day, who has recently moved into a new condominium with a spectacular view of Toronto, and along with Volume Control and the Chud managed to force our obnxious personalities onto his long suffering and peach of a fiancee. His success has left me evaluating what is going on in this charade I call a life these days, and I realize, that while I'm making progress, for the most part, I'm simply bored.  A year ago, I was unemployed, angry at my former employer, and making further strains to finish my degree.  This year, I've been established at a company, with a relatively fantastic job, and my only complaint is that I wish I could get paid just a little more.  I'm actually considering and planning to save for purchasing my own Condo next year.  A bit of a step up.
I'm not fighting with bills and creditors, not fighting to make rent, just simply, I want a little more.  That to me is a sign of complacency in life, a sign that everything is just a bit too boring.  I am a man who apparently needs to be constantly beset by the ill-concieved notions of his own stupidity.  To buy things that I cannot afford, and to push my existance beyond the bounds of what I can afford.  Yeah, I travelled to Europe and paid for the whole thing on my credit card when I couldn't afford it... bad idea? Hell yeah.  Probably the best experience of my life? Most definitely.  It's insanity I tell you.  Anyways, obligatory self-serving rant is now out of the way.  I am however opening the doors for your comments, give me ideas for more insane ideas, crazy projects, things to push my life in a most creative and insane direction.  Insanity is good.

Inspiration Quote of the Day
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

1 comment:

  1. Alright sexy, I gots one fors ya...

    We need to discuss at your soonest opportunity however I present to you a simple equation:

    (Jungle Rooster's nuptials) + (California) + (Obligatory fraternal celebratory gathering) =
    VEGAS!

    Shall we discuss?

    Pool Boy out

    ReplyDelete