Friday, March 26, 2010

The Friday Rodeo

Well it's Friday.  I'm trying to do work.  Oddly enough, even though I'm trying to do work, the IT Department is completely shitting the bed, and therefore I cannot do work.  So in my time, I have decided to spread the joy of a few things I've discovered in the last half hour or so of trawling the web for funny things.

First and foremost, on a level of geekdom and coolness, and continuing my absolute love of everything to do with Star Wars, I present to you the fashion discovery of the century. Nay, the entire existance of humanity.  Never before has it been possible to not only wear your pride in nerd-dom so discretely, but to also be able to be doing it while sporting some nice kicks. The re-present to you, my non-existant or very small audience: THE ADIDAS STAR WARS SHOE COLLECTION!

It comes in many different varieties, show your love of the Dark Side, chill out with Han Solo in the Millenium Falcon, brighten the world with toxic orange Rebel Alliance flight suit swag. WHATEVER YOU WANT. Just know that Jar Jar killed the Universe, and Anakin Skywalker was only a badass once he got half chopped up and then killed shit for a living for a decade or so. Or in other words, when he wasn't being played by emokin Hayden Christensen.




Next, and moving on to the more humourous side of the world (in case you thought I was joking about the greatness of Star Wars shoes... I wasn't), I present to you, a wonderful look at some of the best, and/or worst activities on Facebook.  That's right, the world is filled up with people who use it, God knows I'm one of them, and while for some people it completely dominates their lives, for others its merely a pass-time, a way to creep on hot chicks that you used to know (Guilty), and to feel superior to people you used to date/know (Not Guilty your Honour).  Thus, I present to you, The Lame Book.

  
So just be aware folks, there can be no guarantee that your moronic actions and inane musings are not being sent out to the rest of the world to amuse the masses. But don't be concerned too much people, after all, bringing humour to people is a noble calling.. even if being the brunt of the joke does slowly crush your soul.


Finally, I want to leave everyone with one final thought. I was walking downtown to get myself some lunch today from one of the fine ladies at a local eatery, and I was approached by a pan handler. Normally, I ignore them, but today an odd feeling of charity overcame me.  I reached into my pocket, and fished around...and there was nothing there.  A thought occured to me just then, one of those rude and poignant, and somewhat hilarious turns of my brain, and left me with a quote, that I shall end today's musings with

It must suck to be a beggar in today's debit age.

2 comments:

  1. Nice find on the Star Wars shoes, but god damn why the hell does it have to be Adidas? They make some of THE ugliest shit. I must say that if I were to wear any, it would be the Tie Advanced shoes. They are by far the best of the bunch, and I'm sure they cost over $150 too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. course they do, but how much they cost is irrelevant, it's how fucking cool they are :D

    ReplyDelete