Friday, April 9, 2010

The Nation's Capital...

Been awhile since I've posted anything, and there is an excellent reason for that.  I've been nearly dead with exhaustion.  I posted last saying that English and I were headed off on a bit of a vacation last weekend, and it was an adventure beyond imagining.  We rented a car and headed out, to pick up our friend Matt from the airport, on the second leg of his world tour.  Matt is from England, so I knew from the get go that these travels would result in nothing more than my liver losing a few years of my life.  Oh if only I had known...I would have done it anyways.

First stop, Ottawa, our Nation's Capital, to visit Spyboy & Manhole.  Spyboy was on his way back home for Easter, so we allowed him to show us around the City, as we planned our assault on the city for that evening.  For those of you who know nothing about Ottawa, I will introduce you to the greatness that is the Market.  In the city where I currently spend my time, we have a modest drinking quarter, something along the lines of 12 or 15 mediocre and basically pitiful establishments.  The Market in Ottawa, is a literally a district. Filled with Pubs, Clubs, back out of the way establishments, everything.  It is, in the most basic terms, a literaly utopia for a Drunken Poet such as myself.  We wended our way back and forth, partaking in the evenings finest, consuming without regard for the state of our livers, our self respect, or most importantly our wallets.

Read more after the Break.





Matt, introduced me into the greatness of being a world traveller, for his fearlessness, and his cunning explained why perhaps we nearly had some fisticuffs at the end of the night.  "Hello", he would say in his most charming accent, "I'm British."  It was a pickup line of the ages, he was impressing it on woman after woman, showering the Nation's Capital with his prowess at picking up women, only to finish the exploits by somehow insulting the woman's...how shall we say it: moral integrity.  It was no wonder at the end of the night I was holding my group of friends back from an irate boyfriend, who clearly had no choice but to stand toe to toe with us, as the raging bitch that was haranguing us with incoherent insults and justifications for her actions, was his girlfriend's sister.  The lovely lass was apparently insulted by being told she looked like a fit snuggling partner. WHO KNEW?!

So ended our Odyssey in Ottawa. Return soon for the rest of the story, involving a trip to Canada's own Las Vegas... After all Boys and Girls, What happens in Montreal, Stays in Montreal...

No comments:

Post a Comment