Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Geek Pride Day: Celebrate it.


My friends over at Geekologie pointed out a very important fact to me today. It's the Day of Days.  That magical day where the meek rise up, and beat their opressors with lightsaber toys. The day where we stand proud, wince at the straightening of our emaciated spinal cords, and shout "WE ARE GEEK!!"... or we do none of those things and simply use this day as another excuse to play video games and eat cheesey poofs.  Whatever works.  (Source)

In order to celebrate this today, I've selected a few of my more favourite things from the internet to share with you, after the break.




First and foremost, coming back from the lads over at Geekologie, and celebrating seeing Iron Man 2 over the weekend with Poolboy, it became imperative that I spread the word of the impending apocalypse. We've seen the terrible effects of Iron Man being crossed with the Burger King thanks to those terrible advertisements... but have we considered what will happen should Iron Man get drunk enough to fuck a Lobster? Because we should man. We really should.

During the same weekend back visiting my parents, I had the greatest honour a manchild can have, when it comes to his parents.  Nope, they didn't say they were proud of me, they didn't congratulate me or do anything for me besides give me more manual labour to do.  What I had the priviledge of doing, was attempting to educate them about Star Wars.  Yup. I watched Return of the Jedi with my parents, and even though I had to suffer through my dad thinking Han Solo was Darth Vader's son, it brought a misty tear to my eye, that I could educate them in the greatest thing ever. Star Wars.  So enjoy some unrelated Star Wars art, just because it's cool.




Finally, to end off the greatness of Geekdom, we need to recognize something. Recognize it and accept it. Ninjas are awesome.  To know that Ninjas are awesome is not enough. You must know it viscerally, let that knowledge be part of your being.  Thus, I leave you with the following new article.


Ladies and Germs, you'll recognize one thing. These Ninjas WANTED to be seen. The Ninja who is right behind you right now, does not.


No comments:

Post a Comment